Contestants + Rules & Themes Ibadan 2016
A total of 14 entries were received. Below are the confirmed contestants for the event;
- Abimbola Otubusin – Cakes by Bimbo, Oyo State
- Bolanle Ogunsehinde – Faith Cakes, Lagos State
- Comfort Alagbe – Peerless Cakes, Oyo State
- Dotun Ojerinde – Dazzling Cakes, Lagos State
- Omolere Boluwatife – Melinda Cakes, Oyo State
- Segun Adesina – Drumz Cakelord, Lagos State
- Taiwo Falako – Teesk Ventures, Ogun State
- Bolaji Akinpelu – Wow Cakes ‘n’ More, Lagos State
Themes/Rules for the Competition; Ibadan 2016
2 Cakes will be decorated in total. Contestants will be judged based on artistic expression/interpretation, design creativity, uniqueness, resourcefulness as well as creative use of color. One assistant is allowed per contestant. Each contestant should be prepared to represent their region at the grand finale in Lagos on December 1-3, 2016. At this stage creativity and cake decorating skills is the key.
Day 1: Contestants will have access to already baked cakes and will decorate it for 150 Minutes (12noon to 2.30pm). The theme is ‘Royalty’. Your client intends to present your work to a newly crowned monarch from the South West. Judges will score contestants and reserve their verdict.
Day 2: Contestants will have access to already baked cakes and will decorate it for 150 Minutes (12noon to 2.30pm). The theme is ‘Fashionista’. Your client intends to present your work to a classy Ibadan Lady. Judges will score contestants and announce their verdict.
- Have a brief description in English.
- Maintain a clean work location at all times.
- Make use of the wet area for all mixing and preparations
- Be cordial to fellow contestants
- Height of finished work; min 3inches, max 12 inches
***List of Items to be provided at the venue;
- Baked cakes
- White fondant
- 500g butter cream
- Royal Icing ingredients
- Basic shapes (circle, square, triangle, etc)
- Cake Boards
- Ribbons (Silver & Gold)
- Corn Flour
- Icing Sugar
- Aprons + Caps
- Each contestant is entitled to 1 assistant only. For further enquiries, WhatsApp: 07051118878